Invited Talks and Awards: Dr. Debajeet K. Bora
- How to go ahead with a scientific question – A story of synthesis and Characterization of a solar fuel generating materials, International Conference on frontiers on materials from basic science to real time applications, 13 – 16 th March, 2019.
- Interpretation of nanoarchitecture properties via imaging and spectroscopic tools – a discussion of methods and data collection, Workshop on data collection methods and tools, Jain University, India, 09 June 2018.
- Semiconductor electronic structure study with Synchrotron Radiation, Department of Physics, Jagannath Barooah College, Jorhat, Assam, India, 19th April 2018.
- Photostable Mo-doped Bismuth Vanadate and other Hybrid Energy Materials for Solar hydrogen production – A New Energy Science and Engineering Approach, School of Science and Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, China, 06th February 2018.
- Hematite and its hybrid materials for solar fuel generation and a tale of operando hole transport study with synchrotron XAS, Centre for Nano and Materials Sciences, Jain University, India, 25th September 2017.
- Photoelectrochemical properties of solution processed BiVO4 photoelectrodes, EPFL PEC symposium, 2016.
- Solar water splitting: hybrid material development and electronic snapshot with operando XAS spectroscopy, Laboratory for energy science and engineering, ETH Zurich, 25 September 2015.
- Artificial Photosynthesis: Learning from materials developments and synchrotron mechanistic understanding, Department of Chemistry, IIT Guwahati, India, 11 May 2015.
- Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting With Hematite and Its Hybrid Analogues, LEPA, EPFL, 21 October 2014, Switzerland.
- Catalysis in Artificial Photosynthesis – How does in- situ synchrotron spectroscopy work? EMPA, 28 August 2013, Switzerland.
- In-situ soft X-ray spectroscopic study of the hole diffusion in photoelectrochemical water- splitting of hematite, ALS user meeting workshop (Spectroscopy and theory for studying the electronic structure of lithium battery materials), LBNL, Berkeley, 10 October 2012, USA.
- Hematite based hybrid nanosystems for solar hydrogen production – an artificial photosynthetic approach, North Eastern Institute of Science and Technology, 19 January 2011, India.
- Harnessing Sunlight by Nanobioscience Approach for Photoelectrochemical Hydrogen Generation, Nanobiointerfacs, Group, Centre for Nanoscale Materials, Argonne National Laboratory, 14 April 2010, Argonne, Chicago, USA.
- Artificial photosynthesis for solar hydrogen production, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, 10 December 2010, India.
- Hematite based hybrid nanostructures for photoelectrochemical water splitting, International School of Photonics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, 2 December 2010, India.
- Synthesis and Assessment of Nanostructured Hematite Film for Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting. Hydrogen Group Meeting, PEC house, EPFL, 11 February 2010, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- DNA based Artificial Nanostructures” on the eve of National Science Day. Department of Physics, Tezpur University, 28 February 2006, India.
Award and Honors:
- Recipient of “EMPA Research Award 2013” for an outstanding Ph.D. thesis – 5000 CHF [23.10.2013]
- Winner of “EMPA Science as art competition” for new year card 2015
- Research work highlighted on the cover page of Journal of Materials Research, vol 13, no 11, 2016.
- Travel grants from the COST Office for attending its various action meetings (Through European Science Foundation) [04. 2009, 11.2013, 11. 2015]
- Swiss graduate student support grant from CCMX [10. 2010]
- A cash reward from Laboratory for High-Performance Ceramics, EMPA for high impact research papers [07. 2011]
- X-ray probing of electron holes during water splitting” [J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116 (32), pp 16870–16875] work has been highlighted in ALS news, LBNL. This was considered as a groundbreaking experiment by artificial photosynthesis and synchrotron spectroscopy community
- Taken in the finalist category of “Science as Art Competition” MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, USA & Arizona [04. 2010 & 04.2016]
- Being asked in for a talk on “Nanobioscience for Energy” at the Center for Nanoscale Materials, Argonne National Laboratory during Ph.D. [04. 2010]
- Scientist scripts success story, The Telegraph, 29 November 2013
- Two electron holes in Hematite facilitate water splitting, Advanced Light Source, news, science highlight, 26.09.2012
- Towards Artificial photosynthesis for solar hydrogen generation-algal proteins give boosts to electrochemical water splitting, EMPA homepage, 19.12.201