About Top M.Sc. Chemistry Colleges
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences (CNMS) is a research centre established by JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) (formerly known as Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, SBMJC), Bangalore. JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) is declared deemed to be University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Union Government vide notification No.F-9-57/2007-U.3 (A) GOI December 19, 2008 and July 24, 2009.
CNMS has hosted a broad range of research investigations in the frontier areas of Chemistry operated by a group of highly skilled faculty members. Nano Science, Catalysis, Nano-structured Hybrid Functional Materials, Bioinorganic, Clinical Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Heterogeneous Catalysis for Energy (H2 production), Medicinal and Organometallic Chemistry are the major areas of our research concerns. In each research field, CNMS nurtures young and innovative research fellows in their doctoral programs.
The faculty members are from the reputed Institutes and also attract substantial financial support for their research activities from governmental (Such as DST, SERB, BARC, MNRE, DRDO and etc.,) and private funding agencies. Centre is well equipped with modern laboratories with advanced facilities, efficient computer networks and library. Centre offers a vibrant atmosphere to students and faculty to nurture the spirit of scientific quest and to pursue cutting-edge research in a highly encouraging environment.
CNMS is offering Master of Science in Chemistry 2 years (4 semesters) degree program. This MSc Chemistry program aims to provide a high quality education in Chemistry. The course is designed to develop academic talent leading to challenging and rewarding professional life. The program is designed to provide an interdisciplinary and an applied platform to develop their professional life. Though the core branches of chemistry such as Organic, Inorganic and Physical are the main focus of the course, other emerging topics, such as Nanotechnology, Environmental Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Bio-analytical Chemistry, and other interface branches are also added to expose students to new and exciting trends in present day research along with thorough fundamental knowledge of Chemistry.
M.Sc. Chemistry program
- Scholarships are available for the meritorious students
- As a part of the mandatory six months research project, you will be joining an active research community with an access to the very useful & advanced facilities hosted by CNMS
- Centre also maintains close collaboration with a number of renowned research Institutions such as IIT’s, IISc, CSIR labs and foreign Universities for facilitation of PG research projects
- Advanced training to handle modern sophisticated instruments such as UV-visible, Spectroflouro photometer, ATI-IR, BET, FESEM, GC, FTIR, MS, p-XRD, etc.
- Chance to interact and attend “The Invited talks of the eminent scientists” from national / international Universities / research organizations
- Successful completion of this program in Chemistry ideally prepares one for a career in scientific laboratories, industries, research institutions or any other public bodies
- In addition, this program provides an excellent foundation for students wishing to undertake subsequent doctoral research work & competitive exams such as NET, GATE, etc.
- Candidates who excel have the opportunity of being selected for a funded research fellowship leading to a Ph.D. degree in leading Indian university and abroad
Mr. Shyam Singh
M +91 8971754213
E: [email protected]
For more information
Dr. Amit Kumar (Professor)
Centre for Nano and Material Sciences
JAIN (Deemed-to-be University), Jain Global Campus
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
Ramanagara District - 562 112
P:+91 80 2757 7212
E: [email protected]