Last five years publications
Peer reviewed Journal
- Aruchamy K, Bisht M, Venkatesu P, Kalpana D, Nidhi MR, Singh N, Ghosh D, Mondal D, Nataraj SK. Direct conversion of lignocellulosic biomass to biomimetic tendril-like functional carbon helices: a protein friendly host for cytochrome C. Green Chemistry. 2018;20(16):3711-6.
- Sequeira RA, Singh N, Pereira MM, Chudasama NA, Bhattacharya S, Sharma M, Mondal D, Prasad K. High concentration solubility and stability of ɛ-poly-l-lysine in an ammonium-based ionic liquid: A suitable media for polypeptide packaging and biomaterial preparation. International journal of biological macromolecules. 2018 Dec 1;120:378-84.
- Bhandari S, Mondal D, Nataraj SK, Balakrishna RG. Biomolecule-derived quantum dots for sustainable optoelectronics. Nanoscale Advances. 2019;1(3):913-36.
- Manohara HM, Chakraborty S, Aruchamy K, Ghosh D, Singh N, Prasad K, Kalpana D, Nataraj SK, Mondal D. Engineering Fe-doped highly oxygenated solvothermal carbon from glucose-based eutectic system as active microcleaner and efficient carbocatalyst. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 2019;7(9):4988-97.
- Bhakuni K, Bisht M, Venkatesu P, Mondal D. Designing biological fluid inspired molecularly crowded ionic liquid media as a sustainable packaging platform for cytochrome c. Chemical Communications. 2019;55(40):5747-50.
- Maalige RN, Aruchamy K, Mahto A, Sharma V, Deepika D, Mondal D, Nataraj SK. Low operating pressure nanofiltration membrane with functionalized natural nanoclay as antifouling and flux promoting agent. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2019 Feb 15;358:821-30.
- Manohara HM, Aruchamy K, Chakraborty S, Radha N, Nidhi MR, Ghosh D, Nataraj SK, Mondal D. Sustainable water purification using an engineered solvothermal carbon based membrane derived from a eutectic system. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. 2019 May 9;7(11):10143-53.
- Radha N, Kanakaraj A, Manohar HM, Nidhi MR, Mondal D, Nataraj SK, Ghosh D. Binder free self-standing high performance supercapacitive electrode based on graphene/titanium carbide composite aerogel. Applied Surface Science. 2019 Jul 1;481:892-9.
- Chakraborty S, Mruthunjayappa MH, Aruchamy K, Singh N, Prasad K, Kalpana D, Ghosh D, Sanna Kotrappanavar N, Mondal D. Facile Process for Metallizing DNA in a Multitasking Deep Eutectic Solvent for Ecofriendly C–C Coupling Reaction and Nitrobenzene Reduction. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. 2019 Jul 25;7(16):14225-35.
- Nagaraj R, Aruchamy K, Mondal D, Nataraj SK, Ghosh D. Boosting the electrochemical performance of polyaniline based all-solid-state flexible supercapacitor using NiFe2O4 as adjuvant. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. 2019 Oct 10;851:113482.
- Aruchamy K, Mahto A, Nagaraj R, Kalpana D, Ghosh D, Mondal D, Nataraj SK. Ultrafast synthesis of exfoliated manganese oxides in deep eutectic solvents for water purification and energy storage. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2020 Jan 1;379:122327.
- Sharma M, Tavares AP, Nunes JC, Singh N, Mondal D, Neves MC, Prasad K, Freire MG. Hybrid alginate–protein cryogel beads: efficient and sustainable bio-based materials to purify immunoglobulin G antibodies. Green Chemistry. 2020;22(7):2225-33.
- Yadav R, Aruchamy K, Mondal D, Venkatesu P. Biomass-derived carbon helices induced phase transition in poly (N-ispropylacrylamide): A sustainable tailoring of coil-globule transition in thermoresponsive polymer. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 2020 Mar 1;187:110637.
- Maalige RN, Dsouza SA, Pereira MM, Polisetti V, Mondal D, Nataraj SK. Introducing deep eutectic solvents as flux boosting and surface cleaning agents for thin film composite polyamide membranes. Green Chemistry. 2020;22(8):2381-7.
- Sindhu A, Kumar S, Mondal D, Bahadur I, Venkatesu P. Protein packaging in ionic liquids mixtures: an ecofriendly approach towards improved stability of β-Lactoglobulin in cholinium-based mixed ionic liquids. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. 2020.
- Aruchamy K, Nagaraj R, Manohara HM, Nidhi MR, Mondal D, Ghosh D, Nataraj SK. One-step green route synthesis of spinel ZnMn2O4 nanoparticles decorated on MWCNTs as a novel electrode material for supercapacitor. Materials Science and Engineering: B. 2020 Feb 1;252:114481.
- Nagaraj R, Pakhira S, Aruchamy K, Yadav P, Mondal D, Dharmalingm K, Sanna Kotrappanavar N, Ghosh D. Catalyzing the Intercalation Storage Capacity of Aqueous Zinc-Ion Battery Constructed with Zn (II) Preinserted Organo-Vanadyl Hybrid Cathode. ACS Applied Energy Materials. 2020 Mar 26;3(4):3425-34.
- Shet SM, Bisht M, Pramanik S, Roy S, Kumar T S, Nataraj SK, Mondal D, Bhandari S. Engineering Quantum Dots with Ionic Liquid: A Multifunctional White Light Emitting Hydrogel for Enzyme Packaging. Advanced Optical Materials. 2020 Apr;8(8):1902022.
- Bharmoria P, Mondal D, Pereira MM, Neves MC, Almeida MR, Gomes MC, Mano JF, Bdikin I, Ferreira RA, Coutinho JA, Freire MG. Instantaneous fibrillation of egg white proteome with ionic liquid and macromolecular crowding. Communications Materials. 2020 Jun 11;1(1):1-3.
- Sharma VT, Halanur MM, Kamath SV, Mondal D, Nataraj SK. Fe–Al based nanocomposite reinforced hydrothermal carbon: Efficient and robust absorbent for anionic dyes. Chemosphere. 2020 Jun 22:127421.
- Prasad, K.; Mondal, D.; Sharma, M.; Freire, M. G.; Mukesh, C.; Bhatt, J., Stimuli responsive ion gels based on polysaccharides and other polymers prepared using ionic liquids and deep eutectic solvents. Carbohydrate Polymers 2018, 180 (Supplement C), 328-336.
- Mahto, A.; Mondal, D.; Polisetti, V.; Bhatt, J.; M. R, N.; Prasad, K.; Nataraj, S. K., Sustainable Water Reclamation from Different Feed Streams by Forward Osmosis Process Using Deep Eutectic Solvents as Reusable Draw Solution. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2017, 56 (49), 14623-14632.
- Bisht, M.; Mondal, D.; Pereira, M. M.; Freire, M. G.; Venkatesu, P.; Coutinho, J. A. P., Long-term protein packaging in cholinium-based ionic liquids: improved catalytic activity and enhanced stability of cytochrome c against multiple stresses. Green Chemistry 2017. DOI: 10.1039/C7GC02011B.
- M. Sharma,† D. Mondal,† N. Singh, K. Upadhyay, A. Rawat, R. V. Devkar, R. A. Sequeira, K. Prasad. A seaweed derived non-toxic functionalized graphene sheets as sustainable materials for the efficient removal of fluoride from high fluoride containing drinking water. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2017, 5, 3488-3498. (†= equal contribution).
- P. Das, D. Mondal, S. Maiti. Thermochemical conversion pathways of Kappaphycus alvarezii granules through the study of kinetic models. Bioresource Technology 234, 233-242.
- N. Singh, M. Sharma, D. Mondal, M. M. Pereira, and K. Prasad. Very High Concentration Solubility and Long-Term Stability of DNA in an Ammonium-Based Ionic Liquid: A Suitable Medium for Nucleic Acid Packaging and Preservation. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2017, 5, 1998-2005
- S. P. M. Ventura, F. A. e Silva, M. V. Quental, D. Mondal, M. G. Freire and J. A. P. Coutinho. Ionic-liquid-mediated extraction and separation processes for bioactive compounds: the past, present and future trends. Chemical Reviews, 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.6b00550
- D. Mondal, M. Sharma, M. V. Quental, A. P. M. Tavares, K. Prasad, M. G. Freire. Suitability of bio-based ionic liquids for the extraction and purification of IgG antibodies. Green Chemistry, 2016, DOI:10.1039/C6GC01482H
- A.. M. Ferreira, V. F.M. Faustino, D. Mondal, J. A.P. Coutinho, M. G. Freire. Improving the extraction and purification of immunoglobulin G by the use of ionic liquids as adjuvants in aqueous biphasic systems. J. Biotechnology, 2016, DOI:10.1016/j.jbiotec.2016.08.015
- J. Bhatt,D. Mondal, R. V. Devkar, K. Prasad. Sustainable synthesis of DNA and N-doped graphene based non-toxic magnetic nanocomposite in a deep eutectic solvent. Green Chem., 2016,18, 4297-4302
- J.Bhatt, D. Mondal, K. Prasad. Experimental evidence for the participation of deep eutectic solvents in silver chloride crystal formation at low temperature. Journal of Crystal Growth, 2016, 442, 95-97.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, N. Singh and K. Prasad. Biomass derived solvents for scalable production of single layer graphene from graphite. Chem Comm., 2016, DOI:10.1039/C6CC00256K
- D. Mondal, M. Sharma, C.-H. Wang, Y.-C. Lin, H.-C. Huang, A. Saha, S. K. Nataraj, K. Prasad. Deep eutectic solvent promoted one step sustainable conversion of fresh seaweed biomass to functionalized graphene as a potential electrocatalyst. Green Chem., 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5GC03106K.
- D. Mondal, A. Mahto, P. Veera Babu, J. Bhatt, K. Prasad, S. K. Nataraj. Deep eutectic solvents as a new class of draw agent to enrich low abundant DNA and proteins using forward osmosis. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 89539.
- A. K. Das, M. Sharma, D. Mondal, K. Prasad. Deep eutectic solvents as an efficient solvent system for the extraction of k-carrageenan from Kappaphycus alvarezii. Carbohydrate Polymer, 2016, 136, 930–935.
- N. Singh, D. Mondal, M. Sharma, R. Devkar, S. Dubey, K. Prasad, Sustainable processing and synthesis of non-toxic and antibacterial magnetic nanocomposites from spider silk in neoteric solvents. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2015, DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.5b00810
- J. Bhatt, D. Mondal, G. Bhojani, S. Chatterjee, and K. Prasad. Preparation of bio-deep eutectic solvent triggered cephalopod shaped silver chloride-DNA hybrid material having antibacterial and bactericidal activity. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2015, 56, 125-131.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, N. Singh, and K. Prasad. High concentration DNA solubility in bio-ionic liquids with long-lasting chemical and structural stability at room temperature. RSC Advances, 2015, 5,40546-40551.
- M. Sharma, J. P. Chaudhary, D. Mondal, R. Meena and K. Prasad. A green and sustainable approach to utilize bio-ionic liquids for the selective preparation of high purity agarose from an agarophyte extract. Green Chem., 2015, 17, 2867-2873.
- D. Mondal, S. K. Nataraj, A. V. R. Reddy, K. K. Ghara, P. Maiti, S. C. Upadhyay and P. K. Ghosh. Four-Fold Concentration of Sucrose in Sugarcane Juice through Energy Efficient Forward Osmosis using Sea Bittern as Draw Solution. RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 17872-17878
- A. Bera, S. Dubey, K. Bhayani, D. Mondal, S. Mishra and P. K. Ghosh. Microbial synthesis of polyhydroxyalkanoate using seaweed-derived crude levulinic acid as conutrient. International Journal of Biological Macromolecule, 2015, 72, 487-494.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, A. K. Das and K. Prasad. Production of partially reduced graphene oxide nanosheets using a seaweed sap. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 64583–64588.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, C. Mukesh, K. Prasad. Studies on the effect of bio-ionic liquid structures on the spontaneous reduction and dispersion stability of graphene oxide in aqueous media. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 42197–42201.
- D. Mondal, J. P. Chaudhary, M. Sharma, K. Prasad. Simultaneous dehydration of biomass-derived sugars to 5-hydroxymethyl furfural (HMF) and reduction of graphene oxide in ethyl lactate: one pot dual chemistry. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 29834-29839.
- D. Mondal, A. Ghosh, K. Prasad, S. Singh, N. Bhatt, S. T. Zodape, J. P. Chaudhary, J. Chaudhury, A. Seth and P. K. Ghosh. Elimination of gibberellin from Kappaphycus alvarezii seaweed sap foliar spray enhances corn stover production without compromising the grain yield advantage. Plant Growth Regulation, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s10725-014-9967-z.
- D. Mondal, J. K. Bhatt, M. Sharma, S. Chatterjee, K. Prasad. A facile approach to prepare dual functionalized DNA based material in a bio- deep eutectic solvent. Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 3989-3992.
- C. Mukesh, D. Mondal, M. Sharma & K. Prasad. Choline Chloride-thiourea, a deep eutectic solvent for the production of chitin nanofibers. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, 103, 466-471.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, C. Mukesh and K. Prasad. Preparation of tamarind gum based soft ion gels having thixotropic properties. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, 102, 467-471.
- D. Mondal, M. Perween, D. N. Srivastava, and P. K. Ghosh. Unconventional Electrode Material Prepared from Coir Fiber through Sputter Coating of Gold: A Study toward Value Addition of Natural Biopolymer. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2014, 2, 348−352.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, C. Mukesh and K. Prasad. Self-healing guar gum and guar gum-multiwalled carbon nanotubes nanocomposite gels prepared in an ionic liquid. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2013, 98, 1025-1030.
- M. Sharma, D. Mondal, C. Mukesh and K. Prasad. Solvent responsive healing of guar gum gel prepared in an ionic liquid. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 16509 – 16515.
- C. Mukesh,± D. Mondal,± M. Sharma & K. Prasad. Rapid dissolution of DNA in a novel bio-based ionic liquid with long-term structural and chemical stability: successful recycling of the ionic liquid for reuse in the process. Chemical Communications, 2013, 49, 6849 – 6851 (±Equal contribution).
- M. Sharma, C. Mukesh, D. Mondal, and K. Prasad. Dissolution of alpha-chitin in deep eutectic solvents. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 18149 – 18155
- D. Mondal, M. Sharma, C. Mukesh, V. Gupta and K. Prasad. Improved solubility of DNA in recyclable and reusable bio-based deep eutectic solvents with long-term structural and chemical stability. Chemical Communications, 2013, 49, 9606-9608.
- D. Mondal, M. Sharma, P. Maiti, K. Prasad, R. Meena, A. K. Siddhanta, P. Bhatt, A. Ghosh, K. Eswaran, B. G. Shah and P. K. Ghosh. Fuel intermediates, agricultural nutrients and pure water from Kappaphycus alvarezii seaweed. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 17989-17997
Patent applications filed / granted
- P. K. Ghosh, D. Mondal, S. K. Nataraj, A. V. R. Reddy, S. C. Upadhyay. The process of spontaneous dewatering of feed solution using salt bitterns as draw solutions. Indian application No- 0735/DEL/2014 dated 13 March 2014, WO2015136554 A1.
- P. K. Ghosh, A. Ghosh, D. Mondal, K. Prasad and S. T. Zodape. Gibberellic acid (GA3) free Kappaphycus alvarezii sap and its application thereof. Indian patent application No-IN201301078-I1. WO2014/167583.
- R. Meena, N. D. Sanandiya, J. P. Chaudhary, D. Mondal, S. K. Nataraj. Seaweed polysaccharide based super hydrophilic foam membrane for energy-efficient oil-water separation. The provisional patent application has been filed. PCT application No- PCT/IN2014/000658. WO2015056273A1.
- P. K. Ghosh, D. N. Srivastava, D. Mondal and M. Perween. Gold coated natural fibre as electrode and process for preparation thereof. PCT application No-PCT/IN2014/000613. WO2015040639 A1.
- J. R. Chunawala, P. K. Ghosh, M. R. Gandhi, S. H. Mehta, M. V. Sheth and D. Mondal. Novel double fortified salt compositions containing iron and iodine and process of preparation thereof. PCT Application No- PCT/IN2013/000124 dated 04-March-2013, US Patent App. 14/382,521.
- P. K. Ghosh, D. Mondal, P. Maiti, K. Prasad, S. Maiti, B. G. Shah and A. K. Siddhanta. Process for improved seaweed biomass conversion for fuel intermediates, fertilizers, and water. Indian application no- 1789/DEL/2012 dated 11-June-2012. US Patent 20,150,232,438.
- K. Prasad, M. Sharma, D. Mondal, C. Mukesh and R. Meena. Bio-adhesive nanocomposite guar gum ion gels and process for the preparation thereof. Indian Pat. Appl. (2014), IN 2012DE02651 A 20140228
- A. V. R. Reddy, S. K. Nataraj, K. Prasad, D. Mondal, P. Veerababu, J. Bhatt. A novel process for sustainable desalination of brackish and seawater through forward osmosis (FO) using an environmentally benign solvent as draw solution with and without dispersed magnetic nanoparticles. Indian application no 2356DEL2014, dated 20/08/2014.
- K. Prasad, M. Sharma, D. Mondal, A. Saha, N. Singh. A novel method for the production of graphene sheets with tunable functionalities from seaweeds using deep eutectic solvents. Provisional patent application filed. Indian patent application No.:1520DEL2015, 27th May 2015.
- K. Prasad, M. Sharma, D. Mondal, J. Bhatt and N. Singh. A scalable process for liquid phase exfoliation of graphite to graphene using biomass derived solvents. Provisional patent application filed. Indian patent application no: 4344DEL2015, 31st December 2015.
- D. Mondal, K. Prasad. Kappaphycus alvarezii: A Potential Sustainable Resource for Fertilizers and Fuels. 2017, DOI: 10.1002/9781119117193.ch4, John Wiley & Sons Ltd
- M. A. Usmani, I. Khan, Sk. Md Nayeem, D. Mondal, A. H. Bhat, I. Ahmed and A. Haque. Biomass nanofibrillar cellulose in nanocomposites. Cellulose-Reinforced Nanofibre Composites. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-100957-4.00013-9, 2017, Elsevier Ltd
- M.A. Usmani, I. Khan, A. Haque, A. H. Bhat, D. Mondal, U. Gazal. Biomass-based composites from different sources: Properties, characterization, and transforming biomass with ionic liquids. Lignocellulosic Fibre and Biomass-Based Composite Materials. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-100959-8.00004-4 ; 2017, Elsevier Ltd.
- Haque, D. Mondal, I. Khan, M.A. Usmani, A.H. Bhat, U. Gazal. Fabrication of composites reinforced with lignocellulosic materials from agricultural biomass. Lignocellulosic Fibre and Biomass-Based Composite Materials. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-100959-8.00010-X; 2017, Elsevier Ltd.