Group Leader & Assistant Professor
P: +91 80 2750 6270
E: [email protected]
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Bio-Organic
- Discovery of New Methodologies
- Development of new drugs including acetyl acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors (Alzheimer drug), anti-cancers, neuroprotective agents and anti-virals by organic syntheses.
- Development of metal, organo and metaloorgano-catalyzed enantioselective methods for the synthesis of heterocyclic scaffolds and their potential application in medicinal chemistry and material science.
- Molecular Simulation / Molecular Docking
The Dr. Keri’s research group focused on the design and development of new bioactive compounds and evaluation of their physicochemical and biological properties, in view of their potential pharmacological or environmental applications. Especially, developments of drugs for Alzheimer’s Diseases.
Heteropolyacids (HPAs) and related polyoxometalate compounds have been for increasing the importance in the organic synthesis. HPAs catalysts are having several advantages for their green catalytical approach in the organic synthesis. On one hand, HPAs have very good catalytical approach over the superacid region. My research also involved the application different catalyst/heteroploy acids for the synthesis of different biologically important heterocycles.