Publications: Shwetharani R
List of papers Published
- J Kusuma, R Geetha Balakrishna, Siddappa Patil, MS Jyothi, HR Chandan, R Shwetharani, Exploration of graphene oxide nanoribbons as excellent electron conducting network for third generation solar cells, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, (Accepted) in-press, 2018.
- R. Shwetharani, M. Sakar, H.R. Chandan, R. Geetha Balakrishna, Observation of simultaneous photocatalytic degradation and hydrogen evolution on the lanthanum modified TiO2 nanostructures. Materials Letters, 2018, 218, 262–265.
- Shwetharani R., Poojashree A., Geetha R. Balakrishna and Jyothi M. S. La activated high surface area titania float for the adsorption of Pb(II) from aqueous media, New Journal of Chemistry, 2018, 10.1039/C7NJ03358C.
- Rajesha Bedre Jagannatha, Shwetha Rani Ramu, Mahesh Padaki and R. Geetha Balakrishna, An efficient method for the synthesis of photo catalytically active ZnO nanoparticles by a gel-combustion method for the photodegradation of Caffeine, Nanochem Res 2(1): 86-95, Winter and Spring 2017.
- V. S. Babu, M. S. Jyothi, Laveena P D’Souza, R. Shwetharani, Mahesh Padaki, R. Geetha Balakrishna, Elimination of an Endocrine Disruptive Chemical by PSf/TiO2 hybrid Membranes via Membrane Rejection and Photocatalytic Oxidation, Journal of Applied Membrane Science and Technology, 2016, 19, 19-31.
- R. Shwetharani, M. S. Jyothi, P. D. Laveena and R. Geetha Balakrishna, Photoactive Titania Float for Disinfection of Water; Evaluation of Cell Damage by Bioanalytical Techniques. Photochemistry and Photobiology. 2014, 90: 1099-1107.
- R. Shwetharani and R. Geetha Balakrishna. Comparative Study of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Photo-oxidative Treatment on Bacterial Cell via Multianalytical Techniques. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry. 2014, 295: 11–16.
- R. Shwetharani, C. A. N. Fernando and Geetha R. Balakrishna, Excellent hydrogen evolution by a multi approach via structure–property tailoring of titania. RSC Advances. 2015, 5: 39122-39130.
- R. Shwetharani and R Geetha Balakrishna. Efficient Algal Lipid Extraction via Photocatalysis and its Conversion to Biofuel. Applied Energy. 168 (2016) 364–374.
- R. Shwetharani and R Geetha Balakrishna. Photo-Active Float for Field Water Disinfection. Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences.10.1039/C5PP00369E.
- M.S. Jyothi, P. D’Souza Laveena, R. Shwetharani and Geetha R. Balakrishna. Novel hydrothermal method for effective doping of N and F into nano Titania for both, energy and environmental applications. Materials Research Bulletin. 2016, 74: 478–484.
- Laveena P. D'Souza, R. Shwetharani, Vipin Amoli, C.A.N. Fernando, Anil Kumar Sinha, R. Geetha Balakrishna: Photoexcitation of Neodymium Doped TiO2 for Improved Performance in Dye - Sensitized Solar Cells. Materials & design. 10.1016/j.matdes.2016.05.007
List of conference
- R. Shwetharani, T. Sushmitha, R. Geetha Balakrishna* Augmentation of Active sites and porosity for QDs adsorption by induction of rear earth element La into TiO2 towards Energy Applications, International conference on Green methods for separation, purification and Nanomaterial Synthesis, 24-25 April 2018 at CNMS, Jain University, Bengaluru (3rd Best Poster Award)
- Sushmitha T, R. Shwetharani, M. Sakar, R. Geetha Balakrishna*, Simultaneous Photocatalytic Degradation and Hydrogen Evolution on the Lanthanum Modified TiO2 Nanostructures, International conference on Green methods for separation, purification and Nanomaterial Synthesis, 24-25 April 2018 at CNMS, Jain University, Bengaluru.
- Participated in National Conference 'Recent Advances in Chemical and Material Science', 3rd Feb 2018 at School of Engineering and Technology, Jain University, Bengaluru.
- Shwetharani R, Laveena P D ’souza, Geetha R Balakrishna, Enhanced Photovoltaic Performance with ZnS Modification in Nd-TiO2 Semiconductor for Quantum-Dot-Sensitized Solar Cells, Dec 11-15, IUMRS-ICYRAM-2016, IISc, Bangalore.
- Shwetharani R, Poojashree A, R Geetha Balakrishna, Adsorption of Toxic Heavy metal Pb(II) Ions from aqueous solutions using La doped TiO2 nanostructures, Feb 27-28, GCNOC – 2017, St Aloysius College, Manglore-3.
- Shwetharani R, Preethi G U, Laveena P D’souza, Geetha R Balakrishna, Enhanced Photovoltaic performance from Nd doped TiO2 semiconductor for Quantum dot sensitized solar cells, Feb 27-28, International conference on green chemistry and nanotechnology opportunities and challenges – 2017, St Aloysius College, Manglore-3. (Best poster award)
- Shwetharani R, Chethana K R, Geetha R Balakrishna. “Inactivation of Salmonella typhimurium, a Water Borne Pathogen by a Feasible Photocatalysis” SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu.
- Shwetharani R, Geetha R Balakrishna. “Disinfection of water by Titanium dioxide/Doped TiO2”, RAMBSWERD-2013, KSSRDI, Bangalore.
- Shwetharani R, Geetha R Balakrishna. Comparison of the effectiveness of TiO2 and neutral photo-Fenton system photocatalysis for the destruction of s.typhi: Evaluation by multianalysis techniques. ICRAES-2014. M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology. Bangalore
- Shwetharani R, Geetha R Balakrishna. Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution from FeTiO2 by Photocatalytic Water Splitting. 7th Bangalore India Nano. 5-6th Dec 2014.
- Shwetharani R, Geetha R Balakrishna. Comparative Study of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Photo-oxidative Treatment on Bacterial Cell via Multianalytical Techniques. International Conference on Frontiers in Nano Science, Technology and Applications. 20-22nd Dec 2014.
- Shwetharani R, Geetha R Balakrishna. Algal lipid extraction through photocatalysis. National Conference on Advanced Nanotechnology and its applications. 22-23rd Jan 2015.
- Shwetharani R, CAN Fernando, Geetha R Balakrishna. Improved Hydrogen Generation Through a Multi Approach by Structure Property Tailoring of Titania. ICNANO-2016. 21-23 April 2016.