Invited Talks and Awards: Dr. Manav Saxena
- Young Scientists award by SERB, Government of India, New Delhi, India in November 2015
- UGC-Dr. D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded by UGC, Government of India, New Delhi, India in February 2013
- CSIR (NET-SRF)-Chemical Sciences awarded by CSIR, Government of India, New Delhi, India from July 2009
- CSIR (NET-JRF)-Chemical Sciences awarded by CSIR, Government of India, New Delhi, India from July 2007
- Uttar Pradesh State Level Merit Scholarship awarded by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, India from July 1995
- Ekikrit Scholarship, awarded by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, India from July 1993
List of conferences:
- Oral and Poster Presentation in 8th International conference on recent progress in Graphene/2D Research at Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea during September 25-29, 2016.
- Attended 2015 IBS Research conference at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan, South Korea during November 18-19, 2015
- Delivered talk titled as “Co-evolution story of carbon nano materials and human” at New Diamond and Nano Carbons 2014 (NDNC 2014) conference during May 25-29, 2014 at Chicago, USA
- Presented poster titled “The use of nano-carbon to control mosquito vectors” “ICONSAT 2014” at Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali during March 02-05, 2014.
- Delivered talk at Science Academies Lecture Workshop on ‘Recent Progress in Chemistry’ at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah during December 26-28th 2013.
- Delivered talk titled as "Carbon nanomaterials and man: an age old co-evolutionary story" at “International Conference on Structural and Physical Properties of Solids (SPPS 2013)” November 18t-20t, 2013 at Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, India.
- Presented poster titled as “Graphene: In our food stuff since Mesolithic age” in Graphene 2012” conference during April 10-13, 2012 at Brussels, Belgium.
- A Mini-Symposium in chemistry, on March 02, 2012 at the department of Chemistry IIT Kanpur, India.
- Presented poster titled as “From Peanut Skin to Fluorescent Carbon Nano Balls: A Natural Revolution in Nano Technology!” in International Conference on “22 European Conference on Diamond, Diamond-Like Materials, Carbon Nanotubes and Nitrides 2011 (DIAMOND 2011)” during September 04-08, 2011 at Bavaria, Germany.
- Presented poster titled as “Is Delicious Food a Source of Nano Carbon?” in CHEMFEST 2011 during April 16, 2011, at the department of Chemistry IIT Kanpur, India.
- Delivered talk titled as "Fluorescent Carbon Nanoparticle: Synthesis and Characterization" at National seminar on “Contemporary Research in Material Science and Chemical Biology” from 31 January to 02 February 2010 at Central University of Allahabad, India.
- Presented poster titled as “Carbon Nanocubes and Nanobricks from Pyrolysis of Rice” in International Conference on "Advanced Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology" during December 09-11, 2009 at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India.
- Conference attended on Intellectual Property Rights Sensitization Program held on 22-June-09 by FICCI and IPO at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India.
Research work highlights:
- Water soluble nano particle stops mosquito population: Science program telecasted on Rajya Sabha TV, Government of India (Science Monitor and Gyan Vigyan in English and Hindi respectively), 16 August 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGxBIjFRIyc&feature=youtu.be
- Debunking the graphene myth, published in daily newspaper The Telegraph, India, 14 July 2014 http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140714/jsp/knowhow/story_18611124.jsp#.VDNyLmeSwyE
- Graphene oxide stands the test of time published in Chemistry world (RSC), 1 July 2014 http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2014/07/graphene-bbq-meat-gripe-water
- Barbecued gives clean chit to nano carbon published in Nature India, 23 June 2014 http://www.natureasia.com/en/nindia/article/10.1038/nindia.2014.84
- Nanoparticles prevent mosquito breeding published in news.dbv.vn, 24 September 2013 http://news.dbv.vn/nanoparticles-prevent-mosquito-breeding-243273.html
- Mosquito control: Indian scientists show a novel way published in Nature India, 17 September 2013 http://www.natureasia.com/en/nindia/article/10.1038/nindia.2013.123
- Indian Scientist develop cheaper, safer way to contain dengue, malaria published in morning edition of Hindustan Times (Delhi), 19 September 2013. http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/indian-scientists-develop-cheaper-safer-way-to-contain-dengue-malaria/story-umX3qZMBjLL049JEltRnvN.html
- Indian scientists develop cheaper, safer way to contain dengue, malaria published in the morning edition of Hindustan Times (Indore), page 620thSeptember,(2013).
- लार्वापनपनेसेरोकेंगेकार्बननैनोपार्टिकल्स in Hindustan Times (Delhi) Hindi edition, 21 September 2013 http://home.iitk.ac.in/~abya/press%20news/press/Hindustan%20Times%20e-Paper%20hindi.pdf
- ऐसेतोलार्वाकभीनहींबनपाएंगेमच्छर in Hindustan (Patna), 21 September 2013
- Nanoparticles stop mosquitoes breeding published in Chemistry World (RSC), 23 September 2013 http://home.iitk.ac.in/~abya/press/Nanoparticles%20stop%20mosquitoes%20breeding%20_%20Chemistry%20World.pdf
- Highlighted in Down To Earth magazine as Lethal nanopowder in Science & Technology column http://www.downtoearth.org.in/content/lethal-nanopowder
- Highlighted on the India Africa CONNECT website. http://www.indiaafricaconnect.in/index.php?param=news/6568/health-education/106
- Article on “When your food makes you glow-a novel optical bioimaging technique” in Nano Werk Magazine http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=23329.php
- Article on “Feeding Fruit Flies So They Fluoresce” in Chemistry Views Magazine http://www.chemistryviews.org/details/news/1378227/Feeding_Fruit_Flies_So_They_Fluoresce.html
- Nature India article on “Glow imaging for living things. 8 November 2011 http://www.nature.com/nindia/2011/111108/full/nindia.2011.163.html
- Article by famous science writer David Bradley on synthesis of carbon nanocuboids from rice http://home.iitk.ac.in/~abya/press%20news/press/nano%20rice.pdf in spectroscopy now.com